background

Monday, July 19, 2010

Oakley is going to be a big sister!

Yep its true! Our little boy is due on December 24th 2010!! It is still unreal to me... I have had two ultra sounds, I have heard the heart beat, I feel little kicks and punches once in a while and I still step on the scale and look at my belly and wonder why am I gaining weight? Why is my belly looking so fat all the sudden?? and I get a little frustrated with my self and then remember ohhh yeah! That is what is supposed to happen... I'm pregnant!

It is getting more exciting and realistic every day! It just took me a little while to get to this point! Which really surprises me because of how I am when it comes to babies and a big family... but this pregnancy was such a shock and we found out at while our family was going through some traumatic times so it made it that more emotional and scary for me.

I was happy all along to have another baby and I will always be happy to find out that we get to have another baby, it was just that at first the timing felt all wrong and it was sooner than we had planned and I was worried how everyone would take it and what they would think of us and I really was not ready to face any of that. Soooo We waited till I was about five months along (16-17 weeks) to announce it!
I have gotten a lot of "you are crazy" remarks and other things like that but I know that it really will be ok! Oakley loves babies, she is such a sweet heart and I know she will love being a big sister! I expect it to be hard at first and I expect her to be a little bit jealous at first but I am going to do my best to make sure she still knows that she is my baby and I love her more and more every day! I know we will have some crazy moments but I know that it will all work out and we will only love our lives even more!
Eric is so excited! I love to see him like this! He has dreamed about a son for as long as I have dreamed about being a Mommy and now he is getting one! He is so excited for his boy to grow up and take care of his little girl! Eric is such an amazing Daddy! He loves his princess so much and is very protective over her! I can't wait to see him with his son!
I LOVE MY FAMILY!

2 comments:

  1. Sheila~ I am so excited we will have babies only 2 weeks apart! Oakley and the baby may be close in age but Chelsie and I are 19 months apart and its the BEST to have close siblings :) You are an awesome mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys!! I'm sooo happy for you! As far as the jealousy thing....I love my parents approach when they brought Burr home from the hospital. I was 18 mos old at the time. I didn't see him until they brought him home. They put him in a bedroom of the peoples house I was staying at and let him cry. I heard the noise...followed it...got excited to see a baby..climbed up on the bed and claimed him as my own. (They even took pictures of the process...pretty funny) No jealousy..no nothing. He was "my" baby and I've been a protective older sister ever since. :) Oakley will be just fine! Very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete