background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Update

Well I just finished my last semester for my associates degree! I feel a little bit lame that most of my friends my age are finished or finishing with their bachelors and it took me 3.5 years to get my associates haha...but most of my friends don't have a husband and two kids at home so I guess I can just feel happy and accomplished that I have completed this amount of college and was able to start, have, and enjoy my family in the mean time. I can't believe how crazy life has been while I tried to get through school though; Between a wedding, hospitalizations, baby, surgeries, sickness, another baby, more hospital,another surgery, sick kids and everything else I wonder a little bit how I even got through this much school. Oh well I don't regret ANY of it and am so blessed and thankful to be done and for all the support my sweet husband, family, and friends gave to me. I am done with school for now... MAYBE, one day I will go back and get a bachelors, but for me, I am good with an AS. I don't plan on working out side the home, unless some crazy thing happens and its an absolute necessity. I really just want to be home with my babies and be a mommy. At home is where I feel the most accomplished and happy, and for me, that's all I want and need.
I do have a dream to become a Douala which is a labor coach for women who do not want to have a medicated labor and delivery. I don't need a degree for this, I will just take a class and test to certify and do it more as a hobby and make a little bit of money on the side. Some day!

Eric will take the GRE this month and then we start applying for grad school. This is a very scary stressful time for us, but we are also very excited to move on.

Oakley is almost 2 and a half! WOW she is quite the little girl! She has an attitude of a 13 year old and has gotten really good at testing my patience. I have to be careful on what i say to her, because I usually get it right back or Easton gets the same lecture from her later.
Ex-
"Oakley, please don't talk to Mommy like that."
later on Easton squealed at her and told her no over something and she said (in a not as nice voice as I used with her..)
"EASTON! DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!"
Another time came up to me tattle telling on Easton, "Mommy, Easton's not being nice!" I asked, "Oh yeah, why isn't he being nice?"
She said... "He is being a big turd!!"
haha I died laughing and then realized I should probably not call my kids turds so much.
Eric and I constantly remind each other to stay patient, and try to remember how cute she is when one of us is about to pull our hair out and put her up for sale.
We really do love her so much and there are more cute, sweet, and funny moments than naughty moments and we are very thankful for that because that is what keeps us all alive. Oakley is so much fun, I love being able to have a conversation with her and that she actually understands and cares about the things I tell her. I love that she enjoys a lot of the same things I do. She is so girly and it really just melts my heart.

Easton turned 1!!!!! HOLY COW! His first year flew by way faster than Oakley's its not even fair. Easton has been such a blessing to our family. I love him so much he is just the sweetest little thing ever.... LIKE really he is! He is such a cuddle bug and is so sweet and lovey to everyone. He has these bright big beautiful blue eyes with long flirty lashes and he can't smile at you with out your heart melting. He is so talkative these days... takes after sissy. He says quite a few little words... mostly the not so nice ones like no, don't, and stop it.. hmm wonder where he hears that from constantly, all day long... No not me! his bossy big sister!
He is learning to stick up for him self though, and they are actually starting to have little battles where I have to intervene and make them apologize and give loves... really thought I had another year before I had to start dealing with that, but apparently not with my kiddos. Easton is so funny when it comes to walking. At nine months old he was RUNNING around the furniture and standing on his own... I was like wow he is going to walk before Oakley did (10 months). NOOOOPPPE!! He is so stubborn! At ten months he started taking steps... but still not "Walking". At eleven months he was thinking it might be kind of cool to walk and would walk more with out us coaxing him. Right before his birthday he started walking ALL over our living room!! We were like YAYYYYY hes walking! yeah... well the living room is the only place he really feels comfortable enough to walk, and he still only does it if he feels like it. WOW this kid really does do things on his own time and always seems to do them a little bit differently than "normal". I should have believed the doctor... When Easton decided to go breech at 36.5 weeks when he was previously head down, and then refused to turn for us. The doctor said... "Good luck with this one... He likes to do thing his own way, He flipped himself into a breech position on his own!" haha and its true, but we love him for that and are very thankful that he is so strong willed.

Well that is about it for us. We are going to be spending the rest of the month getting ready for and celebrating Christmas together here in Cedar City. I love this time of year and couldn't be happier with our life right now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh it is so fun to read about your family! I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well and your little ones are keeping you busy. Congratulations on your degree that's an amazing accomplishment way to go, hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete