background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Oakley and Easton

Time to update the blog on the kiddos... They have changed a lot in the last few months and I have not been very good at writing Easton's milestones down and keeping up on all the cute things the kids do as I like.
Oakley is 23 months old, as of today 21 pounds and probably about 32 inches! She turns two on the 30th of this month... WOW it is so crazy to think that she is 2 years old and that I have been a Mom for two years already. Oakley is the best thing that has ever happened to me! She has changed my life for the better and I honestly don't know what I would do with out her.
Oakley is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen and we love her so much. She is just so much fun! She is very smart and busy. Oakley talks in full sentences and her words are becoming more clear and understandable. She loves to play with her babies and be a little mommy. She loves to go to church... she sings and leads the music and loves to go to nursery. Oakley is learning how to be reverent. She folds her arms and walks reverently in the halls at church. Before we eat a meal we put Oakley's food in front of her and automatically she folds her arms and wont touch her food until we have said the prayer. It is so neat to watch her grow and learn and understand the little things she does about the gospel.
Oakley has a very cute and sweet personality but definitely has an attitude and can be a firecracker. She is very shy around new people and new situations but is very easy going. When we went to the dentist she laid there willingly and let them work in her mouth. When we go to the doctor she sits there quietly and lets the doctor do what he needs to with her. I can tell she is not very comfortable with the situation but she is very polite about it and just goes with the flow.
OAKLEY IS POTTY TRAINED!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY we are all so happy about this! She potty trained at 22 months. She wears panties now and stays dry all night long. We are so proud of her and we love only have one kid in diapers!
Oakley has been very entertaining with all the cute things she does and says... here are some things that have made us laugh quite a bit.
She says
Aww nuts
She tells everyone to BE NICE ... One time I was poking and pinching Eric in the car just messing around and Eric was laughing telling me to quit.. and would do it back to me... Oakley yells "Daddy, be nice to my mommy!" even though I was the one who was picking on him... haha she's got my back
oh my gosh
by mommy be back later... as she tries to walk out the door
gosh dangit
she bosses easton around... somethings that she has said to him this last week:
Stop it brother, its my fruit snack!! (yelled this in the middle of sacrament)
no brother its mine
ohhhh hi brother, i love you
brother your funny
look brother (at something that is exciting to her)
Easton is the first person she wants to see in the morning.. she comes out of her room and says "where's brother" and will wake him up if he is still sleeping
Easton and Oakley love each other so much. They sit next to each other in the car and just talk and laugh at each other the whole ride. Easton always wants to grab her and give her kisses. He is always interested in what she is doing and they are both concerned if one of them is crying and upset.

Easton is Seven months old, 15 lbs still and I am guessing still around 25 inches. Easton is such a happy kid! Which feels really good to say considering the first four months of his life. He absolutely loves his mommy and thats about it right now haha.. No Daddy is a favorite too but only once in a while. Easton has developed very well and appropriately. He rolled over between 2 and 3 months. Sat up on his own at the end of his fourth month/ beginning of 5th. He is starting to pull him self up on things and really wants to become mobile. He doesn't quite get on all fours but pushes him self backwards with his arms when he is on his belly. He really really wants to figure out how to get where he wants to go though. He gets so frustrated when he sees something he wants and can't get to it. Easton can wave and he really sounds like he says "Hi". He also broke his first tooth through in his sixth month and the one next to it is on its way. OHh I just think Easton is so sweet and cute! Even though he is very bald haha.. He has very blue eyes with long dark lashes. He is the best snuggle baby and gives very yummy wet kisses. He has brought so much Joy to our family and we just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE him so much!
ohh I can't wait till its time for the next one... haha did I just say that?

and Eric and I are great and happy and very much in love!
I LOVE OUR FAMILY!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post your kids are so cute and way fun to read about, I look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete